Biology homework help. Intro To Biology Case Study
In March 2019, state and local authorities implemented lockdown measures in an effort
to curb the spread of COVID-19. The aim of these measures has been to “flatten the
curve” in order to prevent our healthcare system from being overwhelmed while
providing time for the development of anti-viral medications and a vaccine against
SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The current case numbers in California
suggest that we have begun flattening the curve. Importantly, lockdown measures
themselves have unintended social and economic consequences. Thus, we face an
important question: when should we end our lockdown measures and what should that
process look like?
You will write an essay stating your proposed answer to this question. There is no right
or wrong answer; your paper will be graded on overall organization, quality of writing,
comprehension of the issue, and the quality of your argument on the issue.
● Length: 1,200+ words
● Style: APA – See the Library’s APA Citation and Style Guide and Perdue’s
Online Writing Lab for helpful details.
○ You should cite at least five different sources.
○ You must use proper in-text citations
○ You must include a Reference List at the end of your essay.
○ Note that a failure to properly cite your work will result in a zero for
● File format: PDF
As you write:
● Clearly state your thesis.
● Make your arguments supporting your thesis.
● Address any counter-arguments you might expect against your position.
● Wrap up with a conclusion.