For example, view Walmart’s Financial Information: Annual Reports & Proxies (Links to an external site.)
https://stock.walmart.com/investors/financial-information/comparable-store-sales/default.aspxpage to the find the comparable store sales for Walmart. Note: The Walmart Financial Information page is just an example. You will need to find your own company to research, searching for the most recent data.
In your post, examine three different data points from the data set. Be sure to include the URL of the website you are considering.
For the data points you selected, address each of the following:
- Indicate the name of the data for each data point and the information associated with the data. Copy and paste the three selected data points in your post.
- Explain whether the variable is cross-sectional or time series.
- Explain whether the type is quantitative or categorical. If quantitative, give the unit of measurement.
- What are the important factors in the dataset? How would you plan to handle the missing data if there are some in the report?
- Explain the value of the data. Who might find this useful? Why?
Guided Response: Your initial response should be a minimum of 300 words in length. Respond to at least two of your classmates by commenting on their posts. Do you see any additional value in their data?