Business & Finance homework help. Team Course Project Overview
The Change Analysis—Images of Change Paper
For an overview of this part of the course project please watch the following video:
The Images section focuses on the six different images of managing change and how each approach to change affects all that follows in its implementation and continued support. Download the Project Images Grid from the Course Resources area. Collaborate with your team, and select three of the images of change explained in the lesson from the grid. Then, analyze how those particular images would affect the ensuing diagnosis and implementation in your team’s two selected companies on their change plans.
Here’s what to do:
- Working with the information that your team provided in the topic proposal and any feedback received from your Professor, flesh out the facts and information from the original proposal.
- Collaboratively with your teammates, review the changes in each company and describe them thoroughly in a Word document. Explain how the change impacted the companies and who it impacted. Compare some of the similarities and differences between the change in the two companies.
- Review your prepared grid, and select three images of change from your grid. Complete the empty blocks on the grid for those three images using outlines, bullet points, and rough ideas for both company’s change.
- As a team, and in a Word document, analyze, compare and contrast the three images, and explain how the behaviors of those images would be different or the same during your companies’ changes and how those differences could (or did) impact the success (or failure) of the change, comparing and contrasting the results at both companies.
- Explain which image (or combination of images) you feel would have best facilitated the described change, and explain why.
- Based on the information you and your teammates read about the results of this change, a state which image you think the leader of the change actually resembled the most. You may speculate on which image you feel best represents the change agent at either or both of the companies. This will depend on how much information you found about the internal workings of the company during the change.
This paper should focus on evidence that demonstrates how the management of the organization integrated one or more of the six images of managing change (see Part I of the textbook and especially Chapter 2), how effective the change was, and what management could have done differently to increase the probability of successfully implementing the strategic change initiative. Again, this is a compare and contrast paper, so include information about both companies in your team report.
|Properly filled out and submitted change grid showing your initial analysis and notes||20|
|selected, briefed, and referenced||20|
|A thorough description of the change explained||20|
|Comparison of the two companies, similarities/differences of the changes, and the results||25|
|At least four new references, properly cited (Annotated Bibliography – Preliminary Formatted)||10