ITN 267 Assignment 14
Answer the following to the best of your ability in complete sentences with proper spelling and grammar. Be sure to elaborate on your answers and provide support for each of your statements. Your textbook and your own knowledge are your source for answering questions unless otherwise instructed. Format your answers in blue font.
Recall that you must cite any sources and it is never okay to copy from any source. TurnItIn Plagiarism checking is being run against all submissions. Your work must be below a 40% match per question.
Chapter 15 – Computer Forensics & Investigations
- Define computer forensics and digital evidence.
- Explain how the following modes of investigation, media analysis, code analysis, and network analysis, differ under different situations.
- Explain the consequences of improper data collection methods on evidence admissibility.
- Define Locard’s exchange principal.
- Summarize the five steps of the investigative process, detailing any important considerations at each step.
- Can a person be compelled to provide their password or encryption key? Explain.
- Detail the chain of custody.
- Explain the silver platter doctrine.
- Discuss how the 4th Amendment defines how the government can collect and monitor data.
- Detail how the Electronic Communications Privacy Act defines how the government can collect and monitor data.
- Summarize the Wiretap Act.
- Are computer generated records admissible in court? Explain your answer.