Week 5 Case Study 1 Submission
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Case Study 1: Software Requirement Specification
Due Week 5 and worth 100 points
Read the case study titled “A Patient Information System for Mental Health Care”, located in Chapter 1 of your textbook.
Write a paper in which you:
- Create a Software Requirement Specification (SRS) that includes the following:
- A detailed description of both user and system requirements. At least four user requirements and four system requirements should be provided.
- A detailed description of both functional and nonfunctional requirements. At least four functional requirements and four nonfunctional requirements should be provided.
- A detailed requirement specification written in structured natural language.
- Structure and present the requirements in a logical and consistent manner.
- Design the security control assessment matrix to identify the risk and risk-reduction techniques to secure the system.
- Develop a use case diagram to summarize the functional requirements of the system through the use of Microsoft Visio.
Your assignment must follow these requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different from other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Fully develop your ideas: While there is no specific page requirement, students are expected to fully develop their ideas using business communication language. This means you must demonstrate to your professor you have absorbed the material and understand it. A statement of fact should be supported by two or three sentences. A paragraph should only contain one idea. A fully developed idea doesn’tmean an exhaustive explanation in which students write everything they know, just enough to get the point across to the reader.
- Make sure you do your own work: Never copy and paste material from the Internet unless the assignment specifically calls for that. When you do make a statement of fact, you should cite your source. You can support the fact with a quote, but use these sparingly. Most of what you submit should be your own work.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Illustrate the ability to use modern software engineering tools.
- Customize software solutions using software engineering principles.
- Apply project management techniques to manage resources and issues in software engineering.
- Write clearly and concisely about software engineering using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Click here to view the grading rubric.