Criminal homework help.
PC-4.3: Apply concepts of multiculturalism and diversity to become an agent of change.
Assessing and improving employee motivation are essential for effective strategic management. These skills can promote improved job satisfaction and overall productivity for successful outcomes in strategic planning for health care organizations. In order to properly assess motivation and satisfaction, a leader must be able to understand the needs and interpret the emotions of employees from diverse cultural backgrounds. This is referred to as emotional intelligence, which involves a sensitivity to and understanding of human expressions. (Human expressions can include facial expressions, body language, verbal communication, etc.)
Conduct searches in the Library for journal articles that address the topics of emotional intelligence (EI) and leadership. Then, go to the internet and conduct a search for “free emotional intelligence test.”
After completing your EI test, answer the following questions:
- How does EI differ from traditional conceptions of intelligence?
- After completing the emotional intelligence test, do you think that emotional intelligence can be “learned?” Do you see value in focusing on working to increase your emotional intelligence? Why or why not? (To answer this question, apply the findings from your EI self-evaluation.)
- Is there a relationship between EI and leadership, between EI and motivation? How would you define those relationships?
- Have you worked for a manager that you think exhibited a high degree of EI? Conversely, have you worked for a manager that exhibited a low level of EI? What was the impact of this manager(s) on your own motivation, productivity, and job satisfaction? Do you think the manager’s EI was beneficial when interacting with employees from culturally diverse backgrounds? Provide specific examples to explain the effects on cultural diversity in the workplace.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word (minimum 1000 words) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a cover sheet;
- be double-spaced;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font;
- include correct citations
- be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
- include correct references at the bottom of the last page.
- Quoting should be less than 10% of the entire paper. Paraphrasing is necessary.
- You must cite and reference at least four credible sources.H