Respond to the questions using the lessons and vocabulary found in the reading.
Support your answers with examples and research and cite your research using the APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible.
Answer the following questions:
Because of a new product line, your company’s sales over the last few months have increased significantly. As a result, the amount of cash held by the company has increased to levels never experienced before. An evaluation by the company’s financial staff concludes that the company is holding too much cash. This situation is reported to the stockholders.
- Explain how you think the stockholders would react to this information.
- Discuss the options you have to deal with the concerns of the stockholders without creating any additional risk.
Just-in-time (JIT) inventory systems were first developed by the Japanese and quickly adopted around the globe by many large firms. One of the first to adopt the system in the United States was the automobile industry.
- In your opinion, is the JIT system a system that can and should be adopted by small, individually owned firms? Why or why not?
- Would the smaller firms have any advantage in terms of their ability to use such a system? Why or why not?
- Describe the benefits of employing such a system in the economy.
- Comment on the postings of two of your classmates. Do you agree with their position? Why or why not?
- Explain your answers using examples. Comment on the postings of at least two of your classmates. Do you agree with their position? Why or why not?