Looking at your electricity bill or the one provided by your instructor, help Corey answer the following questions in a 2-3 page paper.
- What is the name of the company that provides the electricity for this home?
- What is the number of the meter that was read to generate the usage information?
- What was the period of time covered during this billing cycle?
- How many kilowatt-hours were used during this time period?
- What was the charge per kilowatt-hour?
- Was all usage billed at the same rate? If not, describe the rate schedule used in determining the bill.
- List all additional charges included on this bill and explain each charge. When is payment due for this bill?
- If there are sufficient bills from different months, see if the average charge varies from month to month. What might cause monthly variations?
- What other types of information were found on the bill(s) you analyzed? Give examples.
- What steps can be taken to lower your energy bill? Include a range of steps from simple, low-cost ideas to ones that will require greater effort and more expense. If possible estimate the amount of energy each step could save.