PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A BID FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH GRADUATE LEVEL WRITING TERMS AND CONCEPTS. ALL DIRECTIONS MUST BE FOLLOWED AND NO PLAGIARISM. MY SCHOOL USES SOFTWARE TO DETECT COPIED MATERIAL.
Economic growth in the US from 2003 through 2008 attributed to the major housing boom generated revenues for local governments in the form of development impact fees. Development impact fees are charges imposed on a developer to offset the new development’s additional costs/burden imposed on society. However, new developments are also a benefit for society/local economies. As a consequence to the end of the housing boom, the establishment of new developments has slowed, meaning fewer development impact fees and a decline in externalities for local governments /communities.
· Summarize the actions local governments can take to address the reduction in fees given the positive externality that is provided by these new developments. In your answer, compare and contrast the options that the local governments need to consider given the lack of resources currently available.
· Evaluate the environmental impacts that can occur with new developments and address the legal ramifications that can arise.
· Compare and contrast the different market effects associated with increasing and reducing development impact fees.
Be sure to defend your analysis with specific examples from scholarly sources where appropriate.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
· Must be 9-10 double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style.
· Must include a cover page that includes:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
· Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
· Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
· Must use APA style.
· Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style.