Your Activity responses should be both grammatically and mechanically correct and formatted in the same fashion as the Activity itself. If there is a Part A, your response should identify a Part A, etc. In addition, you must appropriately cite all resources used in your response and document them in a bibliography using APA style. (100 points) (A 4-page response is required.)
Star Enterprises, Inc. is a multi-state company involved with diversified manufacturing. They are currently developing a hiring initiative for their corporate offices. A job analysis has been completed, and the company is beginning to define what the applicant pool for external candidates needs to look like. This will require the development of a selection plan. Answer each of the following questions. (A 1-page response is required.) (30 points)
1. What is a selection plan? What are the three (3) steps in the construction process? Why is it necessary?
2. Describe in detail the three (3) decisions in the selection sequence that should be made once the plan is initiated.
Star Enterprises has now completed the selection plan and has begun their initial assessment process to screen out the most obviously unqualified applicants from the pool. Having made their initial “cuts,” they are now ready to make more precise decisions regarding the remaining applicants. Respond to the following questions regarding substantive assessment techniques. (A 1-page response is required.) (30 points)
1. Discuss the five (5) most common types of substantive assessment techniques.
2. How should Star decide which of these techniques is most appropriate for their environment? Discuss.
Star Enterprises has now completed the assessment process and is ready to make job offers. They need to be sure that the job offers they create contain all of the necessary components and that they have the right process in place to create, present, and process job offers. Respond to the following questions regarding the job offer. (A 2-page response is required.) (30 points)
1. Describe four (4) of the six (6) components of a job offer.
2. Thoroughly describe three (3) components of the job offer process and explain why they are important to the success of the hire.