You are hired to conduct a vulnerability, threat, and security assessment on a web application and submit your clear recommendation for corrective actions based on your assessment.
1. Pick a site that hosts a social networking functionality other than Facebook. Do not choose Facebook.
2. State the site homepage link, and a short description of the site.
3. Create a clear description of the ideal visitor to this site by considering the details of these demographic elements:
o Age range
o relationship status
o geographical location
o employment status
o type of employment
o income range
o shopping habits
o surfing habits
4. Conduct a vulnerability assessment of the site by observation only then answer these questions:
o What are some apparent vulnerabilities?
o What threats are possible on this site?
o What attacks are possible?
o What would be exposed in case there were to be an attack?
5. Write an 8-page paper introducing the site, and your findings from the above exercise, and finalizing by giving a clear recommendation for the organization that owns and/or hosts the site?
Submission Instructions: Be sure your paper ALL of the above requirements, and the following formatting requirements:
• 8 pages (double-spaced), excluding the title page, the abstract page (if included), and the references pages.
• Use at least 3 references outside of your textbook (you may use your textbook too, but are not required to).
• In addition to the required number of pages for the assignment, you must also Include title page, a reference page (bibliography), written in APA style, and a title page.
• Use APA Style formatting in Arial 11 or 12-point font or Times New Roman styles.
• Page margins Top, Bottom, Left Side and Right Side = 1 inch, with reasonable accommodation being made for special situations
• Your paper must be in your own words, representing original work. Paraphrases of others’ work must include attributions to the authors. Limit quotations to an average of no more than 15% of the paper, and use quotations sparingly!
This assignment has the embedded TurnItIn feature turned on. When you submit the paper, an originality report will be generated. The report must comply with the acceptable originality criteria displayed in the announcements on Academic Honesty in Week 1 of the course.