MUST BE A PUBLIC SECTOR ORGANIZATION or NON PROFIT(NOT FBI)
Strategic Plan: Part 1(min 2 pages)
In this first part of the final strategic plan development assignment, you will work on some of the introductory activities related to plan development that we have discussed throughout the course.
You should think about an organization that you are interested in and how a strategic planning effort could affect certain organization areas and how it could effectively be implemented. You cannot use the same organization that you used for Units III and IV, and you must use a public sector or nonprofit organization.
During this portion of the process, your submission, which should be at least two pages in length, should include the following components:
- an identification of the organization selected and the particular policy or department/area that the plan will be developed for,
- an explanation for why the particular area or policy deserves strategic plan attention,
- challenges that could arise throughout the strategic planning process, and
- a primary, APA-formatted list of no fewer than eight resources (at least four of which must be peer-reviewed) that will be incorporated into this and future portions of the plan development series. This list is in addition tothe sources that you will use for this specific portion of the project. As such, please include two lists: one that only includes sources used in this unit’s assignment and a second one that includes the sources that you plan to use for PART 1, 2 AND 3.
Strategic Plan: Part 2(min 2 pages)
In this second part of the final strategic plan development assignment, you will follow up on the introductory activities that you completed during the first portion in order to further develop your strategic plan. Please be sure to make adjustments as necessary based on some of your own desired adjustments and the professor’s comments as you work through the second part.
During this portion of the process, your submission, which should be at least two pages in length not including any figures/graphics and the updated first portion, should include the following components:
- the results of a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) analysis or similar analysis assessing current internal and external areas of concern, strengths, and opportunities as the strategic plan progresses This cannot be the same SWOT analysis that you used for the Unit IV assignment
- identification of organizational stakeholders, internal and external, and how their needs and participation will likely influence and contribute to the plan’s development.
Be sure that you are remaining consistent with your organization.
Strategic Plan: Part 3 (min 4 pages)
In this third part of the final strategic plan development assignment, you will follow up on the content that you developed during the first two sections by adding content that will complete your strategic plan. Additionally, you will make some observations regarding how your plan compares with a private sector strategic plan.
During this portion of the process, your submission, which should be at least four pages in length excluding Parts 1 and 2, should include the following components:
- an implementation strategy that includes appropriate inputs, outputs, and expected outcomes;
- performance measures with accompanying explanations linking the measures to specific items and areas;
- a synopsis of how a strategic management system would be implemented; and
- a comparison between public sector strategic planning efforts and private sector strategic planning efforts. Use your completed plan and processes as a basis for comparison.