Review the case study “Elaine’s Challenging Experience” on pages 328–329 in the course textbook. Then, write a two-page paper that addresses the criteria below.
- Explain the sources of conflict in Elaine’s interaction with customer service and David.
- Explain the ways you would assess Elaine’s approach to managing the conflict.
- Identify advice that you would give, as a leader, to Elaine to improve her interactions and conflict management.
Use the information you learned throughout the unit to support your interpretations of the case. Outside resources are not a requirement for this assignment.
Assignment 2 BBA 4426, International Management
1. Using GLOBE study results and other supporting data, determine what Japanese managers believe about their subordinates. How are these beliefs similar to those of the U.S. and European Managers? How are these beliefs different? (200 words response)
2. Which cultures would be more likely to focus on external controls? Which cultures would consider direct controls to be more important than indirect controls? Be specific and explain your answer. (200 words response)