Marketing Plan: Connecting with the Customer
3.0 MARKETING STRATEGY
· Establish the fundamental goals for the quality of your business/product offering and customer satisfaction.
· Define your business/product offering.
· What are your fundamental goals? (Fundamental goals are those that you would like to achieve with your new product, either as an individual product or as part of the overall company mission. These are directional goals that provide the overall strategic direction for management planning.)
· State the value proposition. Be sure to look up this term in your Kotler text if you don’t fully understand it.
3.2 Marketing Objectives
Include a sentence or two about each of the following:
· What are your specific marketing objectives?
· Market share: what is your growth objective by quarter?
· Market penetration: how do you plan to gain a share in this market?
· Awareness: how do you plan to gain awareness for your product?
· Customer acquisition: how do you plan to grow your customer base?
· Identify a specific, measurable market share and size.
Remember that your objectives need to be quantifiable. In other words, objectives need to have a base point, end point, and time frame so you can research to see if you have reached your benchmarks or if your plan needs adjustment.
3.3 Target Markets (refer to your Kotler text to make sure you fully understand what is meant by target market segments)
· Identify the specific target market segments you have defined. What are the market niches you hope to capture? Describe.
· Include the rationale behind why these are the optimal target marketing segments. Be specific.