Nursing homework help. Assignment Requirements
Topic assigned: Evidence-based practice
- Your faculty will assign you one of the following three topics: quality improvement, “traditional” research methodology, or evidence-based practice.
- You will provide rationale as to why your assigned topic is the most important, the best, for the provision of quality care as a nurse practitioner.
- You will compare the topic you are assigned to one of the other topics you have not been assigned. For example, if you are assigned quality improvement, you may compare to a traditional research method, such as a randomized control trial. When writing this argument, you should provide a compare and contrast approach which highlights the features of the topics, how the topic informs providers and the topic’s importance to quality and safety.
- Your response to this prompt should be a minimum of two (2) paragraphs of 4-5 sentences which utilize in-text citations (APA).
- References are required, the use of first person should be avoided.
- Be sure to integrate one or both of the podcasts of this week into your argument.
|Scholarly||15||30%||· The student actively stimulates and sustains inquiry by making reflective insightful comments, asking thoughtful questions and/or engaging in a scholarly discussion.
· The student expresses a clear idea of the topic under discussion and sustains inquiry in order to explore relevant issues.
· The student recognizes values or values conflict as things that form the assumption basis of arguments and recognizes when it is important to acknowledge these values.
· The student recognizes the accuracy, logic, relevance, or clarity of statements.
· The student asks clarifying questions and knows when clarifying questions need to be asked.
· The student distinguishes fact from opinion.
|Application||15||30%||· The student’s writing conveys an understanding of significant ideas relevant to the issue under discussion. This is indicated by integration of course and weekly objectives, as well as readings from text and articles.
· All posts should make correct use of terminology, precise selection of the pieces of information required to make a point, correct and appropriate use of examples and counterexamples, demonstrations of which distinctions are important to make, and explanations that are concise and to the point.
· Information and knowledge are accurate.
· The student elaborates statements with accurate explanations, reasons, or evidence from the course and/or weekly objectives.
· All postings integrate scholarly sources to support points consistently.
|Interactive Dialogue||10||20%||· Responds to ideas in a way that advances discussion with depth, rigor, and application.
· Interacts with a professional tone and is able to express opinions with ownership and without judgement.
· Chooses to include professional experience to the discussion board mindful of appropriateness and boundaries. Experience is integrated as it supports the discussion board topic and utilizes scholarly references to support overall topic.
|APA(current edition)||5||10%||· In text citations are formatted per APA.
· Reference list is formatted per APA.
· Spelling, grammar, and scholarly tone per APA.
|Spelling / Grammar etc.||5||10%||· Posts should utilize correct spelling and grammar (sentence structure and avoidance of slang or casual language).|
|10||20%||Total FORMAT Points= 10 pts|