Nursing homework help.
Prioritization of Care
The Prioritization of Care digital activity provides a safe and convenient environment for students to practice clinical judgement and decision-making skills related to identifying and prioritizing patient care and needs.
Complete the Prioritization of Care virtual simulation activity which can be found by clicking Enter Virtual Simulation. Then debrief on the experience by creating a VoiceThread, video or a written essay.
Once you enter Sentinel Hospital
- Click BEGIN
- You’ll enter the lobby and be led to the hospital map
- Clicking SKIP will take you directly to map
- Select Location: Emergency Department or SIMPath Competencies: • Evidence-Based Practice OR Population Health OR Baccalaureate Generalist OR Application of Patient Care Technology
All levels of simulation fidelity or reality have become an integral component in the preparation of healthcare workers for practice in recent years. This new digital technology increases new skill retention and performance through immersive engagement while learning. The digital environment offers reproducible conditions that can contribute to the development of non-technical skills of communication, teamwork, and decision-making, essential in today’s healthcare (Peddle, Bearman & Nestel, 2016).
Virtual simulation has been used in the airline industry for many years, requiring new pilots to train on flight simulators before commanding a passenger flight (Alinier, Hunt, Gordon & Harwood, 2006).
The United States military has used virtual worlds to train military personnel for disaster and emergency preparedness (Foronda, Godsall & Trybulski, 2013). Simulation has also been used in the preparation of physicians and the training of nurse anesthetists (Bremner, Aduddell, Bennett & VanGeest, 2006).
A team of Nurse Educators and Instructional Designers created Prioritization of Care to provide a learning environment unique to nursing and complementary to existing curricula.
From the safety of the home or the office, digital activities like Prioritization of Care, presents students with situations they might not encounter in the course of clinically-based preparation.
Watch this brief video demo of Prioritization of Care.
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.
- 1 to 2-page paper. Include title and reference pages.
Note: Title and reference pages/slides do not count towards the count requirements.
Attachments areaPreview YouTube video Prioritization of Care DemoReplyReply allForward