Labs: CBC-WBC 18, Hgb 16, Hct 44, Plat 325, Neuts & Lymphs, sed rate 46 mm/hr, C-reactive protein 67 mg/L CMP wnl
Vital signs T 103.2 F Pulse 120 Resp 22 and PaO2
99% on room air. Cardio-respiratory exam WNL with the exception of tachycardia but no murmurs, rubs, clicks, or gallops. Abdominal exam + for LLQ pain on deep palpation but no rebound or rigidity. Pelvic exam demonstrates copious foul-smelling green drainage with reddened cervix and + bilateral adenexal tenderness. + chandelier sign. Wet prep in ER + clue cells and gram stain in ER + gram negative diplococci.
n your Case Study Analysis related to the scenario provided, explain the following:
· The factors that affect fertility (STDs).
· Why inflammatory markers rise in STD/PID.
· Why prostatitis and infection happens. Also explain the causes of systemic reaction.
· Why a patient would need a splenectomy after a diagnosis of ITP.
· Anemia and the different kinds of anemia (i.e., micro and macrocytic).