Course Project—Part 1
In a Microsoft Word document of 5-6 pages formatted in APA style, develop
the introduction for your project. Develop three lesson plans as part of an instructional unit on a subject of your choice focusing on one disease. The project will contain one lesson plan focused on education of a patient, one on family education, and one on staff development. The plans should demonstrate a logical approach to teaching, communicate what is to be taught and how, and outline how objectives are to be evaluated. Give a description of your educational setting for each learner. Please make sure that you have evidence-based research (i.e., journal articles) as well.
Be sure to focus on one (1) disease but three (3) audiences (patient, family and staff development/novice nurse).
The introduction should:
· Contain the title of the lesson.
· Identify and describe the learners.
· Describe the educational setting:
- Staff development
- Patient education
- Family education
· Include learner assessments:
- Educational level
- Developmental level
- Readiness to learn, and so forth.
· Provide a purpose and rationale for selecting the topic/disease.
· Describe the philosophical or theoretical basis for teaching approaches used in the lesson.
· Support criteria with relevant examples and journal articles.
Please note that the title and reference pages should not be included in the total page count of your paper.
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format. Helpful APA guides and resources are available in the University Online Library. Below are guides that are located in the library and can be accessed and downloaded via the University Online Citation Resources: APA Style page. The American Psychological Association website also provides detailed guidance on formatting, citations, and references at APA Style.
• APA Citation Helper
• APA Citations Quick Sheet
• APA-Style Formatting Guidelines for a Written Essay
• Basic Essay Template