Operations Management homework help. QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS
Render, B., Stair, Jr., R. M., Hanna, M. E., & Hale, T. S. (2018). Quantitative analysis for management (13th ed.). New York City, NY. Pearson. ISBN: 9780134543451
You will need access to this book yourself! I will not be able to provide it.
(Assignment must be between 900-1000words for entire assignment.)
- What are the assumptions necessary for a queuing calculation?
- When are the Poisson and negative exponential distributions used?
- What are the advantages and limitations of simulation models?
- What is operational gaming? What is systems simulation? Give examples of how each may be applied.
- What is Monte Carlo simulation? What principles underlie its use, and what steps are followed in applying it?
- From historical data, Harry’s Car Wash estimates that dirty cars arrive at the rate of 10 per hour all day Saturday. With a crew working the wash line, Harry figures that cars can be cleaned at the rate of one every 5 minutes. One car at a time is cleaned in this example of a single-channel waiting line. Assuming Poisson arrivals and exponential service times, find the
- average number of cars inline.
- average time a car waits before it is washed.
- average time a car spends in the service system.
- utilization rate of the car wash.
- probability that no cars are in the system.