Philosophy homework help. Fisher, Mary Pat. Living Religions 9e (Pearson, 2014)
1. Explain the key teachings of Sikhism and explain how military power became a part of Sikh tradition during the time of the Gurus.
2. What is the Guru Granth Sahib? What is its significance within Sikhism? How is it incorporated into worship practices at Sikh gurdwaras?
3. What does the emergence of multiple new religions imply about the success of mainstream religions in meeting human needs? In your discussion, describe and evaluate some of the theories proposed for explaining why people convert to new religious movements.
4. Explain the difference between a catastrophic millennial movement and a progressive millennial movement using specific examples.
5. Briefly describe Neo-Paganism and Deep Ecology. What role does nature play in these new religious movements?
6. Critically discuss the current trend to understand oneself as being “spiritual” as opposed to “religious” and what this designation implies.