Psychology homework help.
Discussion 1 – Week 11
Insights Regarding Religious, Cultural, and Gender Considerations
For your Final Project, you had the opportunity to learn from a professional who works with sexuality-related issues in his or her career. For this week’s Discussion, you will reap the benefits of the lessons your classmates learned from their interviews as well. In particular, consider how the professionals interviewed by you and your classmates provide clues into social changes that could help promote more positive sexuality within the general population and/or specific segments of the population.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 3 a brief description of the person you interviewed for your Final Project, his or her profession, and the advocacy plan you proposed to promote social change. Then explain any insights you gained from the interview related to religious, cultural, and gender considerations. Finally, explain how these insights support your advocacy plan.
DUE TO COVID-19, NO INTERVIEW IS REQUIRED FOR THE INTERVIEW SECTION OF THE FINAL. PLEASE READ BELOW FOR THE REPLACEMENT FOR THAT SECTION.
Post by Day 3 a brief summary of your thoughts about how COVID-19 has impacted intimate relationships, with an additional focus on religious, cultural, and gender considerations. Then, describe the advocacy plan you proposed to promote social change.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
· Course Text: Murray, C., Pope, A., & Willis, B. (2017). Sexuality counseling: Theory, research, and practice. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage
· Chapter 10, “Positive Sexuality: A New Paradigm for Sexuality Counseling”
· Article: Beagan, B. L., & Hattie, B. (2015). Religion, spirituality, and LGBTQ identity integration. Journal of LGBT Issues in Counseling, 9(2), 92–117. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Article: Domínguez, D. G., Bobele, M., Coppock, J., & Peña, E. (2015). LGBTQ relationally based positive psychology: An inclusive and systemic framework. Psychological Services, 12(2), 177–185. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Article: Etengoff, C., & Daiute, C. (2015). Clinicians’ Perspective of the Relational Processes for Family and Individual Development During the Mediation of Religious and Sexual Identity Disclosure. Journal of Homosexuality, 62(3), 394–426. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Article: Ratts, M. J., Singh, A. A., Nassar-McMillan, S., Butler, S. K., & McCullough, J. R. (2016). Multicultural and Social Justice Counseling Competencies: Guidelines for the Counseling Profession. Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development, 44(1), 28–48. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Article: Ridley, J. (2009). What Every Sex Therapist Needs To Know. Journal of Family Psychotherapy, 20(2/3), 95–111. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.