- Perform an internet search to identify an instance of environmental pollution in your state. Use the example you found and the imaginary scenario provided below to complete the assignment.
Scenario: There is a concern about environmental pollution in your state or community. Because of your expertise as an environmental scientist, you have been invited to be a panelist at a town hall meeting in which you will present an overview of the issue. The audience consists of community leaders, members of the scientific community, and some local residents.
Create a 5-to 10-slide presentation (Microsoft® PowerPoint®, Prezi, or Sway®) in which you explain the problem from a scientific perspective.
Address the following in your presentation:
- What are the scientific factors that are causing the issue?
- How is the issue identified? Describe the data associated with the problem.
- What solutions or opportunities should be explored to address the issue further?
- Incorporate relevant key words from the Environmental Pollution Key Terms document.
- Use at least 2 outside references.
Format your presentation and references according to APA guidelines.
- For Local Campus students, these are oral presentations accompanied by visual presentations (Microsoft® PowerPoint®, Prezi, or Sway®).
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are visual presentations (Microsoft® PowerPoint®, Prezi, or Sway®) that include detailed speaker notes, similar to what you would present orally.
- Submit your assignment.
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar and Writing Guides