Please include the following information in your problem formulation:
General statement of the purpose
The purpose of this study is to ….
Significance of study for agency and social work
- Brief history of agency and clientele it serves
- Brief history of program/problem as it pertains to the agency
- Prior research and data you have looked at the supports the need to study this problem
Statement of the problem to be studied
- Your actual research question goes here
- Reasons why your research question should be studied (as it pertains to agency and/or clientele)
How researcher plans to approach this problem (in terms of methodology & without going into too much detail)
- Indicate researcher will utilize a quantitative study that is descriptive and explanatory to examine the problem.
- Indicate if researcher will use an instrument (questionnaire or survey), participants (18 years or older), or review of records. No need to indicate what type of questions or specific information you will look for yet.